Date(s) - 02/11/2021
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
If you have questions about CWC services, or what counseling is, and want someone to consult with regarding your situation a counselor who has experience working with LGBTQ+ population will be available for a 30-minute consultation.
- Thursday, Feb 11th, 12-1 pm
- Wednesday, March 10th (tentative)
- Tuesday, April 6th (tentative)
Please note: This program is NOT a substitute for individual or group counseling and/or any other form of mental health treatment. If you are in a mental health emergency or at risk of safety, please call 911 or the CWC at (352) 392-1575 for 24/7 immediate support.
What else do I need to know about “LGBTQ+ Friendly Check-Ins”
1. The counselor is available on a first-come, first-served basis. We can take two students per month.
2. There are a few exceptions to confidentiality, such as imminent safety concerns and suspected abuse to vulnerable populations.
3. This may be beneficial to international students who:
a. wonder what it feels like to talk with a counselor;
b. are not ready to seek individual therapy yet but would like to gain some perspectives about an issue at hand;
c. have a specific problem and want a space to talk it through;
d. have a concern about a friend and want some ideas about what to do.