1) Society for Biomaterials (SFB)
Mission and Goals: SFB is a student-led professional society that works to promote student research, education, and professional development in biomaterials and all related disciplines. We work to promote interaction between students and biomaterials professionals in both academia and industry, and we strive to act as a conduit for students seeking research positions within the university, internships at regional companies, or full-time employment post-graduation.
- Faculty Advisor: Gregory Hudalla (BME) firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Contact: email@example.com
- President: Bryan James – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Websites: http://www.uflbiomaterials.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/uflbiomaterials/
- Twitter: @UFLSFB
2) Materials Advantage (MA)
- Mission and Goals: UF’s chapter of the national Material Advantage organization, encompassing ACerS, AIST, ASM International and TMS.
- General Contact: MatAdvantageUF@gmail.com
- President: Rachel Guarriello- email@example.com
- Websites: https://www.facebook.com/UFMatAdvantage/
3) Department Student Council (DSC)
Mission and Goals: The purpose of DSC is to act as a liaison between the administration/faculty and the undergraduate/graduate students of the department. DSC will present a forum where students can express ideas or concerns that they have related to their education and student life at the University of Florida and the Materials Science and Engineering department. DSC will also work to facilitate improvements within the department via cooperation between students, faculty, and staff.
- Faculty Advisor: James Baciak – firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Contact:
4) Alpha Sigma Mu Materials Honor Society
Mission and Goals: To honor those students of metallurgy, metallurgical engineering and materials engineering who attain high rank in scholarship and who possess to a high degree the qualities of exemplary integrity, leadership and initiative.
- Faculty Advisor: Michele Manuel (email@example.com)
- President: Chris Nance
5) American Nuclear Society (ANS)
Mission and Goals: The ANS Student Section promotes members within the University’s Nuclear Engineering Program to develop and become exceptional Gator Engineers within the nuclear community. Professional development, academic achievement, and community involvement and outreach are all factors that are inherent within the Section and help progress the next generation of nuclear engineers and scientists.
- Faculty Advisor: Andreas Enqvist – firstname.lastname@example.org
- President: Daniel Arizaga – email@example.com
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ansgators/
6) Institute of Nuclear Materials Management (INMM)
Mission and Goals: The INMM Florida Student Chapter strives to promote nuclear materials management, improve qualifications of those seeking to be employed in areas of nuclear materials management, and disseminate information through outreach and education in these fields. To accomplish these goals the chapter brings together students and faculty interested in nuclear materials management to discuss current events, hear upcoming announcements, and participate in networking.