Certificate admission requirements:
Generally, for MSE certificate program admission, you need a bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in engineering, science, technology, or a closely related discipline with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA, or you need a minimum of five years of professional employment experience in an engineering discipline.
NOTE: a GRE score is not required for certificate program admission.
All applicants must apply online at the Office of Admissions:
- Complete the application. Please note that there are two links on this page. Select either the New Student Application or the Currently Enrolled App link
- Remit the $30 application fee plus a $7 processing fee
- Submit official transcripts from your prior B.S. degree institution
- Complete the residency information and verification process
Once the Office of Admissions has reviewed your application, your information will be referred to the MSE Student Services Office for an admission decision.
The Material Characterization certificate consists of three courses – one required and two additional electives. Lectures are available online in streaming and downloadable video all semester, making it easier for students to review lectures before exams. Degree-seeking and Certificate students can view courses and submit coursework online, and interact with professors via CANVAS via e-mail, telephone and course websites.
Materials Characterization Certificate participants must
- Achieve certificate admission
- Earn a grade of B or better in each course used to fulfill certificate requirements
- Apply for a certificate by the deadline on ONE.UF during the final term of enrollment in the certificate course. Select Certificate/Degree Application under ‘My Record’ on the left menu to apply
Academic Services Office Contact Information
Rhines Hall, Room 108