To qualify for admission to the College of Engineering, transfer applicants must meet the following criteria. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission.
- Completion of a minimum of 60 transferable credit hours.
- Completion of UF’s foreign language requirement (2 sequential years of a foreign language in high school or a minimum of 8-10 college-level credits);
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative (overall) GPA;
- Completion of at least 6 of the 8 critical tracking courses at the time of application with a minimum 2.5 critical tracking GPA.No more than two attempts are allowed for tracking courses. Withdrawals count as an attempt.
|MAC2311||Calculus with Analytic Geometry 1||4|
|MAC2312||Calculus with Analytic Geometry 2||4|
|MAC2313||Calculus with Analytic Geometry 3||4|
|CHM2045||General Chemistry 1||3|
|CHM2045L||General Chemistry 1 Lab||1|
|CHM2046||General Chemistry 2 (see note below)||3|
|CHM2046L||General Chemistry 2 Lab||1|
|PHY2048||Physics 1 with Calculus||3|
|PHY2048L||Physics 1 with Calculus Lab||1|
|PHY2049||Physics 2 with Calculus||3|
|PHY2049L||Physics 2 with Calculus Lab||1|
- CHM2046 is not required for Industrial or Nuclear engineering. Nuclear engineering students MUST take a biological science course in place of CHM2046.
- Mechanical and Aerospace engineering students may substitute BSC2010 or PHY3101 for CHM2046. Lab is not required.
- Civil engineering students do not need to take CHM2046.
- Computer and Electrical engineers may substitute a 2000 level biological science course for CHM2046.
- Biomedical Engineering also requires CHM2210, CHM2211, and BSC2010; Critical Tracking GPA must be a minimum of 3.0.
For more detailed information and requirements for transfer admissions of specific majors, please refer to the departmental links located at http://www.eng.ufl.edu/about/schools-departments/