The instructions and screen captures below will help you connect to the research group drive on a Windows or macOS computer system.
Note: If you are attempting to connect to the research group drive from an off-campus location, you must first connect to the Gatorlink VPN.
- Click the Windows icon or press the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Type, “this pc”, and click Map network drive.
- You may choose your preferred drive letter. Here we are using T. Enter, “\\ad.ufl.edu\mse\group”, into the Folder text box, check Reconnect at sign-in, check Connect using different credentials, and click Finish.
- You will be prompted for the credentials to use. Enter your username as, “UFAD\yourgatorlink”, enter your Gatorlink password, check Remember my credentials, and click OK.
- The research group folder will open and will be available on your system.
- Click Finder from the dock.
- Click Go and choose Connect to server.
- Enter, “smb://ad.ufl.edu/mse/group”, into the text box and click Connect.
- Click Connect.
- Select Registered User, enter your username as, “UFAD\yourgatorlink”, enter your Gatorlink password, check Remember this password in my keychain, and click Connect.
- The group folder will open.
- To make this location available each time you log in, click Finder and choose Preferences.
- Check the Connected servers option and close the window.
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Users & Groups.
- Select your user account and click Login Items.
- Drag and drop the group icon from your desktop into this window.
- Close the window. The connected server will reconnect each time you log in.