Follow these simple steps to submit your application:
- Read the graduate admission requirements and instructions on the UF Office of Admissions website.
- Read our program-specific graduate admission requirements.
- Create an account and submit your admission application, resume or CV, personal statement, recommendation letters, and application fee online through the UF Application portal.
Helpful Application Tips:
- If you are applying to our EDGE Master’s in Materials Science & Engineering program, please select EDGE Distance Education as the location of your intended program when submitting your application. If you are applying to our on-campus programs, please select Main Campus – Gainesville as the location of your intended program.
- Once you’ve selected your intended program of study, you’ll see a section for additional information that requests for a program specialization and a department contact name. Nothing needs to be entered in this section, please disregard and continue with submitting your application.
- The GRE is no longer required for admission to our department. In fact, we strongly discourage applicants from submitting GRE scores, as scores that fall below university minimums will negatively impact your application.
- Students are automatically considered for departmental funding by submitting their application for admission, transcripts, resume/CV, and personal statement. No additional supporting documentation, forms, or funding applications are required to be considered for departmental funding.
- Unofficial transcripts and academic credentials can be uploaded at the time of application or via your application status portal. All Official test scores, transcripts, and academic credentials are to be sent directly to the UF Office of Admissions. Don’t send these official documents directly to the department as they will no longer be considered official.
- Letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically through the admissions application. You must request these recommendations prior to submitting your application. Do not skip the letters of recommendation section. You cannot add or delete recommendations once your application has been submitted. At the time of application, please provide your recommender’s contact information. Once your application is submitted, your recommender will be sent an email directly from the application system with instructions on how to submit their recommendation electronically. We strongly advise that you confirm an individual’s willingness to be a recommender and their contact information prior to starting the application process. A recommendation can be submitted by faculty, an instructor, research advisor, supervisor, or manager.
- If you have a fee waiver, on the Acknowledgement section of the application, enter the fee waiver code that you were provided. This code will be entered in the Administrative Use Code (if applicable) option. Then click SUBMIT (do not click the “Code” option).
- Non-US applicants must submit IELTS, Internet-Based TOEFL, or Paper-Based TOEFL scores. (TOEFL ITP scores are not acceptable.)
Please Have your transcripts and academic credentials from all of the prior institutions listed on your application (along with certified translations for documents not in English) sent to:
UF Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 114000
Gainesville, FL 32611-4000
Our department will then review your application packet, make a decision and notify you via email.