Considered the greatest distinction of any student award given by the college, the Gator Engineering Attribute Awards are intended to provide an ideal guide for all members of the Gator Engineering community.
They honor five undergraduate and five Ph.D. students who strongly model one of the five Gator Engineering Attributes:
- Creativity: imaginative, versatile, resourceful, artful, curious, passionate, inspired, innovative, willing to discover new solutions and to explore all options
- Leadership: visionary, professional, skilled communicator, engaged and committed, entrepreneurial, inspiring, fair, mission-guided, caring, willing to delegate, sound perspective, sense of humor, positive attitude, confident, strong intuition, thoughtful
- Integrity: honest, ethical, willing to work for achievements (persistent, hard-working, determined), impelled toward right action, trustworthy, humble, inspires integrity in others
- Professional Excellence: technically competent, skilled in management and planning, problem-solving, scientifically insightful
- Service to the Global Community
Humanitarianism: tolerant, respectful, socially conscious, selfless, interdependent, cooperative, willing to nurture and serve the community, mentoring, compassionate
Global Awareness: aware of interactions of financial, societal, legal, and cultural influences, diverse, world-changing
This year, the Department of Materials Science & Engineering is proud to have three students chosen for this distinct honor. CONGRATULATIONS to our honorees!