College of Engineering Achievement Award
The College of Engineering Achievement Award for New Engineering Graduate Students provides a partial tuition waiver to students with outstanding academic records to pursue a degree program in engineering at the University of Florida. The partial waiver covers 36 semester credit hours, which is the length of most master's degree programs. The award is limited to 2 years elapsed time from the initial enrollment/registration date
Applicants must meet each of the following requirements to be considered for the award:
- The award is open to out-of-state and international students only. (Tuition for Florida residents is already less than the cost with the partial waiver applied, so the award is not beneficial to in-state students.)
- Nominees should intend to enroll for the first time as graduate students within the College of Engineering.
- Awardees may not receive any additional financial aid, including assistantships, fellowships, and scholarships. Financial support from employment unrelated to the student's degree program is allowed.
- Grade Point Average or equivalent of at least 3.0, as accepted by the UF Office of Admission.
- GRE score (Verbal + Quantitative) = 1200, as accepted by the UF Office of Admission office. Alternately, a nominee may present a passing score on the FE exam and 5 years work experience.
Simply complete the application process for admission to graduate school.
- Awardees will receive a particial tuition waiver. Student responsibility for tuition and fees will be reduced to $750.00 per credit hour plus appropriate fees. (Compared to $1,222.81 per credit hour as of Fall 2012).
- The award is limited to 36 semester credit hours that contribute to the awardee's degree program.
- The award is limited to 2 years elapsed time from the initial enrollment/registration date.